Requirements for membership for the HazMat Section shall require each team to be a member of the WSFCA. There will be an additional HazMat section membership fee collected that is determined by the Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs' Association and the Wisconsin Hazardous Materials Response System Network.
The HazMat Section shall be governed by the Wisconsin Hazardous Materials Response System Network Constitution and Bylaws.
- The HazMat Section shall be directly responsible to the WSFCA Board of Directors and shall report to President of the Association or his designee.
- All relevant financial transactions will be handled by the Business Manager of the WSFCA.
- The HazMat Section shall follow all WSFCA policies and procedures.
Level of Dependence
The HazMat Section will require administrative resources, including lobbying. Section dues will be collected. This Section is consistent with the WSFCA Strategic plan and requests that it become a Dependent Auxiliary Section.
Scope of Support
The WSFCA will provide the following support for the HazMat Section:
- Daily administration on an as needed basis.
- Lobbying services for the Wisconsin Hazardous Materials Response System Network.
- Website page for section information and document sharing.
- Financial recordkeeping and electronic document storage.
- Administrative support for educational offerings and registrations.
- Maintain a list of members.
- Provide travel and expense reimbursement for section activities with prior endorsement and approval of the WSFCA Board Executive Committee.
WSFCA Performance Expectations for Section
Our vision is that no harm results from hazardous materials emergency response incidents in the State of Wisconsin. We do not accept injury and death as an inevitable consequence of hazardous materials incidents, so we will work continuously to find new ways to reduce risk toward zero deaths, injuries, environmental and property damage, and transportation disruptions.
Our mission is to protect people and the environment from the risks of hazardous materials emergencies in the State of Wisconsin. We will set and enforce standards, educate, and gather data to prevent incidents. We also will work to prepare the public and first responders to reduce consequences if an incident does occur.
- Recognize the interdependent relationship between the WSFCA and the Wisconsin Hazardous Materials Response System Network, which allows the WSFCA to be the advocacy group and the Wisconsin Hazardous Materials Response System Network the operational group.
- Recognize that that the Wisconsin Hazardous Materials Response System Network is responsible for responding to HazMat spills and releases as provided for in the Wisconsin Hazardous Materials Response System Networks tiered response plan.
- Through our strategic partnership with Wisconsin Emergency Management, the Wisconsin Hazardous Materials Response System Network will be the key resource for state, county and local governments' agencies as they develop plans to respond to spills and releases of hazardous material.
- Build organizational commitment and leadership for all stakeholder groups.
- Develop management systems, processes, policies and oversight to proper working of system.
- Recruit and maintain the HazMat Section membership.
- Advise the WSFCA Board of Directors on subject matter expertise.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the WSFCA President or the WSFCA Board of Directors.
- Appoint three Chairpersons, one from each different type of team as the Section leadership (Level 1, 2 & 3).
- Appoint a Liaison (one of the Section Co-Chairs) to the WSFCA Board of Directors to attend or submit a section report for each WSFCA Board of Directors Meeting.