Wisconsin Fire Chiefs Education Association
Requirements for membership for the Wisconsin Fire Chiefs Education Association (WFCEA) Section shall be governed by WFCEA Bylaws Section 2.
The membership of the Wisconsin Fire Chiefs Education Association shall be limited to currently appointed career Fire Chiefs of any City, Village, Town, or Fire Protection Jurisdiction within the boundaries of the state. Membership shall also be inclusive if individuals with career roles including the Chief Fire Protection Official for a given jurisdiction such as a Public Safety Officer. All members must be current members of the Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association. As long as any City, Village, Town or Fire Protection Jurisdiction maintains a career position in command of fire protection, that individual shall by virtue of that career position, be considered a member of this organization.
Attendance at meetings and seminars of subordinate chief officers shall be endorsed by the official member of the association from that department. No member or attendee may be a member of the firefighters union unless authorized by unanimous vote of the curriculum committee for specialized training.
The WFCEA Section shall be governed in accordance with WFCEA Bylaws by its board of directors also known as the Curriculum Committee.
- The WFCEA will not be a subordinate to the WSFCA Board of Directors.
- The WSFCA has no authority to direct or amend the bylaws of the WFCEA or its business.
- The WFCEA Section shall be directly responsible to the members of the WFCEA and shall be represented by the Curriculum Committee.
- The WFCEA Chairperson or designee shall from time to time attend WSFCA Board Meetings at the request of the WSFCA President or Designee, and shall communicate activities to the WSFCA Board that serve our parallel constituencies.
- The WFCEA Section shall be a critical partner in fire service leadership maintaining decision autonomy and independence for issues within the WFCEA and defined in its Articles of Incorporation.
- The WFCEA Section Budget and Books will remain independent of the WSFCA Budget.
- The WFCEA Section will provide a financial report and a report of activities to the WSFCA membership at its annual business meeting.
Level of Dependence
This Section is consistent with the WSFCA Strategic plan and requests that they become a Dependent Core Mission Section.
Scope of Support
The WSFCA will provide the following support for the WFCEA Section.
- All financial transactions will be handled by the Business Manager or designee of the WSFCA as authorized by the Officers of the WFCEA.
- WFCEA financial bookkeeping will be performed by the Business Manager of the WSFCA as authorized by the Secretary/Treasurer of the WFCEA.
- The WSFCA shall include the WFCEA in sponsorship packages to sponsors of the WSFCA.
- The WFCEA shall provide exclusive access to WSFCA sponsor vendors at its educational offerings to its membership.
- The proceeds from the sponsorships will be used to augment WFCEA educational offerings, cover WSFCA expenses for supporting the WFCEA Section, and reinstate WFCEA participation at the annual Congressional Fire Service Institute.
- The WSFCA will provide online registration for WFCEA Spring and Fall Conferences.
- The WSFCA will provide online post-conference evaluations for the WFCEA Spring and Fall Conferences.
- The WSFCA Membership directory will have a section for WFCEA Membership contacts.
- The WSFCA will provide a WFCEA Section membership information page on its website.
- The WSFCA will have permission to use the WFCEA logo where appropriate to accomplish the conditions of this partnership.
- The WSFCA will provide a WFCEA Section List Serve.
- The WSFCA will provide a section for a WFCEA article in the quarterly magazine.
- The WSFCA Business office will provide support for the Annual WFCEA Survey.
- The WSFCA will provide the WFCEA Section a conference booth at its annual conference.
- Administrative support for educational offerings, online registrations, and conference electronic surveys.
- Maintain a list of members.
WSFCA Performance Expectations for Section
The WSFCA completely supports the self-governorship of the WFCEA and as such endorses its strategic plan including future amendments as its due diligence to foster the synergistic relationship between the two organizations.
The educational programing, networking opportunities, and influence of the Wisconsin Fire Chiefs Education Association are an invaluable resource to the modern career fire chief officer. We pledge diverse training and peer interaction environment for career fire chief officers that broadens the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the fire service executive.
The mission of the Wisconsin Fire Chiefs Education Association to foster continuing education, communication, networking, and political participation of the modern career fire services chief officer.
- To provide valuable innovative educational programing for its members.
- To provide a forum to freely discuss current issues affecting the fire service executive.
- To provide an information conduit to member chiefs with problems and concerns in their local jurisdiction, which draws from the experience and diversity of the membership.
- To provide a unified voice on issues within federal, state, and local legislative bodies.
- To provide career fire chiefs with a confidential state wide peer network forum for professional issues and concerns.
2014-15 STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Evaluate and develop recommendation for the membership on becoming a section of the WSFCA by the Spring 2015 conference.
- Evaluate and develop recommendation on the format of the fall conference to facilitate more regular attendance and increase value to the membership.
- Evaluate and develop a recommendation to provide conference sponsorships to broaden conference opportunities.
- Create more robust and consistent networking venue.