2001-2002 Strategic Plan
- Establish an environment and provide opportunities for emergency service and related professionals to network.
- Provide political advocacy and leadership.
- Provide emergency service related information and educational opportunities to and for the membership.
- Provide members with fellowship opportunities.
The Mission State of the WSFCA was designed to be the driving force toward a focus of organizational priorities. As such, the Mission Statement of the Organization should be periodically reviewed to keep the organization on track with the membership direction.
- The president shall appoint a task force charged with the responsibility of reviewing and updating the Mission Statement as needed.
Political Advocacy and Leadership:
The Public Service Commission is partially responsible for authorizing a "standby" charge for water service related to private fire protection (sprinklers). It is believed this charge discourages the proactive the use of sprinkler systems (particularly residential sprinklers).
- The Board shall conduct a study on the feasibility and economic impact of the use of standby fees as they related to the installation of automatic fire sprinklers in buildings.
The annual conference provides the WSFCA the best opportunity for providing its membership with educational programs and to communicate and receive information. The following objectives are designed to enhance this and support the overall mission of the organization.
- Evaluate the structure of the annual conference format to meet the educational needs of the membership.
- Increase and maximize the vendor membership contact.
- Identify site locations for conference years 2005 & 2006.