BGFD Alumni Scholarship
The Blooming Grove Fire Department (BGFD) Alumni Scholarship was established in 2016 by a $50,000 donation from the Blooming Grove Fire Department Alumni and Town of Blooming Grove.
Provide funding for the advancement of fire and EMS education among those students pursuing degree-granting programs specific to fire and EMS academic programs from accredited colleges or universities.
The Blooming Grove Fire Department (BGFD) Alumni Scholarship offered through the Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association Foundation (WSFCA-F) was developed to offer financial assistance to full-time students enrolled in a Fire Services degree program from an accredited college or university.
This scholarship will award the recipient $500 per semester, up to $1,000 for one academic year, towards the attainment of a Fire and/or EMS services degree. The recipient will be selected on a competitive basis. Any Wisconsin state resident that has applied for admission into, is accepted into, or is enrolled in, a fire or EMS services degree program at an accredited college or university is eligible. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- From Dane County or south central Wisconsin
- Show economic need
- Have achieved high academic standing
The WSFCA-F BGFD Alumni Scholarship Committee will select the scholarship recipient. All decisions made by this committee are final.
The recipient must submit proof of his/her enrollment in, or application to, a fire and/or EMS services degree program at an accredited college or university. Final award will be made only after verification of enrollment into a fire and/or EMS services degree program at an accredited college or university. Awards are not retroactive and may not be credited to semesters already completed. Recipient must be enrolled in the fall, 2019 semester. After verification of enrollment, a check for $500 will be given directly to the scholarship recipient at the beginning of each semester during the award year, up to two semesters. Second semester funding is contingent on successful academic advancement from semester one requirements and eligibility to advance to second semester course work. Award recipient must provide a semester one transcript and letter from the program director or designee as verification of academic standing and eligibility for advancement.
If you have any questions, please call WSFCA Foundation Executive Director Randall Pickering at (608) 252-2611 or email email@example.com.
The scholarship will be given onetime per year. Students may apply and receive scholarships in multiple years.
- Applicant must comply with the admission requirements for a full-time students enrolled in a Fire and/or EMS services degree program from an accredited college or university.
- TO APPLY:
- Complete and submit the Scholarship Application in its entirety online at www.wsfca.com.
- Enclose three letters of recommendation from three separate sources, which may include, but are not limited to: school counselors, administrators, teachers, and/or community members such as civic organizations and emergency services organizations (e.g. fire, EMS, emergency management or law enforcement), and/or employers.
- Enclose an official high school transcript and/or college transcript.
- Enclose a recent photo for use in the WSCFA "Fire Chief" magazine announcing the award recipient.
- Failure to comply with instructions will result in ineligibility.
- Scholarship applications can be completed online here, or mailed to:
WSFCA Foundation 6737 W. Washington St. Suite 4210 West Allis, WI 53214
Applications and all required materials must be submitted by Friday, May 31, 2019. If you are mailing in your application, it must be received by the WSFCA-F no later than Friday, May 31, 2019.
Award winner(s) will be notified in early June. Winner(s) will be invited to accept their award at the WSFCA Annual Golf Outing Thursday, June 20, 2019 or the Foundation President's dinner on Saturday, June 22, 2019 in Lake Delton. Attendance at the golf outing and/or dinner is optional, and does not affect eligibility for award.
(L to R) Blooming Grove Fire Chief Glenn Linzmeier and WSFCA Foundation Executive Director Randall Pickering.