Conference Scores Another Big Win in Green Bay
The Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs' Association (WSFCA) is an organization dedicated to representing and educating Chief Fire Officers throughout the State of Wisconsin. In addition to monitoring and providing input regarding regulatory and legislative issues the WSFCA provides annual educational opportunities through the State Conference, Winter In-Service Training and the National Fire Academy Weekend. Sections include the Administrative Assistants, Chaplains, HazMat, MABAS, Safety, Volunteer and Combination Officers (VCOS) and the Wisconsin Fire Chiefs Education Association.
2017-2018 Board of Directors
The WSFCA just concluded their Annual Conference which was held in Green Bay this year where the new Board of Directors were installed at the inaugural WSFCA Foundation President's Dinner that was held in the Atrium at Lambeau Field. The Board was sworn in as follows;
- President - Chief Jon Cohn (Greenfield Fire Department)
- 1st Vice President - Chief Nate Melby (Campbell Fire Department)
- 2nd Vice President – Chief Tim Bantes (Grand Chute Fire Department)
- Immediate President - Chief Rob Ugaste (Wauwatosa Fire Department)
- Trustee – Chief Tracey Kujawa (Wausau Fire Department)
- Trustee – Chief Aaron Paul (Fox Lake Fire Department)
- Trustee – Chief Michael T. Romas (City of Sheboygan Fire Department)
- Treasurer – Chief Joe Pfaff (Stoddard Bergen Fire Department)
- Sergeant at Arms – Chief Mark Rohlfing (Milwaukee Fire Department)
Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs' Association Foundation
The WSFCA Foundation has been established to promote fire service training in general and specifically educational programs for new chief officers. In addition it will serve to promote safety for first responders and to encourage innovative programs to support the overall mission.
The 2nd Annual WSFCA Foundation President's Dinner was held on Saturday, June 24, 2017 at Lambeau Field. The evening was a great success with over 340 in attendance. All proceeds from the dinner benefited the WSFCA Foundation.
A special thank you goes to Baycom and CC&N for their generosity in sponsoring the dinner and location! Green Bay Metro provided in-kind transportation services and the Milwaukee County Fire Chiefs Association and Outagamie Fire Chief's Association provided additional monetary support. Over $3,300 was raised from raffle drawings provided by Kelmann Restoration.
The following individuals were recognized at the WSFCA Foundation Dinner:
- Safety Leadership Award - South Milwaukee Fire Department for cancer prevention efforts.
- Volunteer Chief of the Year Award – Bruce DePeau Hlinak (Casco Fire Department)
- Career Chief of the Year Award – Kevin Bierce (Pewaukee Fire Department)
The following individuals were recognized at the WSFCA Conference Opening Ceremony:
- Legislator of the Year – Representative Amy Loudenbeck representing Wisconsin's 31st Assembly District
- Legislator of the Year – Representative Katrina Shankland representing Wisconsin's 71st Assembly District
- Recognition of Support – Green Bay Mayor James Schmitt for hosting the 2016 & 2017 WSFCA Annual Conferences
10 Year Sponsors
The following organizations have been strong, continuous supporters of the Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs' Association since the sponsorship program was introduced 10 years ago and were presented with an award:
- Custom Fire Apparatus, Inc.
- Emergency Apparatus Maintenance, Inc.
- Fire Apparatus & Equipment, Inc.
- Hastings Air Energy Control, Inc.
- The Horton Group
- Jefferson Fire & Safety, Inc.
- Marion Body Works, Inc.
- McGrath Consulting Group Inc.
- Pierce Manufacturing
- Reliant Fire Apparatus, Inc.
- Stainless & Repair, Inc.
There is still time to donate for 2017!
Visit www.wsfca.com/foundation to make a secure donation online today!
Now is the time to join!
WSFCA is your PROVEN PARTNER in the fire service. WSFCA will work for you today to help shape the future of the Fire Service tomorrow.
If you want to continue to be an effective Chief Fire Officer, you need WSFCA and WSFCA needs you!