WSFCA Conference in Green Bay Scores A Big Win
The Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs' Association (WSFCA) is an organization dedicated to representing and educating Chief Fire Officers throughout the State of Wisconsin. In addition to monitoring and providing input regarding regulatory and legislative issues the WSFCA provides annual educational opportunities through the State Conference, Winter In-Service Training and the National Fire Academy Weekend. Sections include the Administrative Assistants, Chaplains, HazMat, MABAS, Safety, Volunteer and Combination Officers (VCOS) and the Wisconsin Fire Chiefs Education Association.
2016-2017 Board of Directors
The WSFCA just concluded their Annual Conference which was held in Green Bay this year where the new Board of Directors were installed at the inaugural WSFCA Foundation President's Dinner that was held in the Atrium at Lambeau Field. The Board was sworn in as follows;
- President - Chief Rob Ugaste (Wauwatosa Fire Department)
- Vice President - Chief Jon Cohn (Greenfield Fire Department)
- Second Vice President - Chief Nate Melby (Campbell Fire Department)
- Immediate Past President - Chief Kevin Bierce (Pewaukee Fire Department)
- Sergeant at Arms - Chief Mark Rohlfing (Milwaukee Fire Department)
- Trustee – Chief Mike Romas (Sheboygan Fire Department)
- Trustee – Chief Tim Bantes (Grand Chute Fire Department)
- Trustee – Chief Tracey Kujawa (Wausau Fire Department)
- Trustee – Chief Aaron Paul (Fox Lake Fire Department)
- Treasurer – Chief Joe Pfaff (Stoddard Bergen Fire Department)
Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs' Association Foundation
The WSFCA Foundation has been established to promote fire service training in general and specifically educational programs for new chief officers. In addition it will serve to promote safety for first responders and to encourage innovative programs to support the overall mission.
The inaugural WSFCA Foundation President's Dinner was held on Saturday, June 25, 2016 at Lambeau Field. The evening was a great success with over 400 in attendance. All proceeds from the dinner benefited the WSFCA Foundation.
A special thank you goes to Baycom for their generosity in sponsoring the dinner and location! Green Bay Metro provided in-kind transportation services and the Waukesha County Fire Chiefs Association provided support for the entertainment. Over $3,200 was raised from raffle drawings provided by Kelmann Restoration.
The highlight of the evening was the creation of The Blooming Grove Fire Department Alumni Scholarship made possible by a $50,000 donation from the Blooming Grove Fire Department Alumni and Town of Blooming Grove. Details for how to apply for this scholarship will be announced soon!
The following organizations and individuals were recognized at the WSFCA Foundation Dinner:
- Safety Leadership Award - Fond du Lac County Fire Chiefs for their continued effort in changing the safety culture and attitude in 20 departments across the County.
- Volunteer Chief of the Year Award – Greg Hlinak (Kewaunee Fire Department)
- Career Chief of the Year Award – Ed Janke (Howard Fire Department)
There is still time to donate for 2016!
WSFCA members that contribute $100 or more before the end of 2016 will receive a commemorative mug in recognition of being an inaugural donor.
Visit www.wsfca.com/foundation to make a secure donation online today!
Now is the time to join!
WSFCA is your PROVEN PARTNER in the fire service. WSFCA will work for you today to help shape the future of the Fire Service tomorrow.
If you want to continue to be an effective Chief Fire Officer, you need WSFCA and WSFCA needs you!