City of Two Rivers Fire Dept.
The City of Two Rivers Fire Department is seeking an innovative leader with strong public safety, prevention, EMS and emergency management knowledge. The Fire Chief is an active participant in the City’s Leadership Team and maintains collaborative relationships with the employees and residents of the City.
Position is responsible for managing the physical facilities and equipment; promoting fire prevention; developing and improving the City firefighting and emergency medical response; supervising departmental activities. The Fire Department operates with an annual budget of $2.3 million. The department has 18 full time Firefighter/Paramedics and an Administrative Assistant with Paid On Call Personnel.
Two Rivers is an attractive and historic Lake Michigan port community with a population of 11,400. The City offers the best beach on Wisconsin’s Lake Michigan coastline and is located just south of Point Beach State Forest. The area has many amenities such as great fishing, hunting, camping, biking, hiking and cross country skiing.
Two Rivers is just a short drive away from larger cities like Green Bay, Appleton and Milwaukee, but offers a relaxed, affordable and safe small town environment. Two Rivers is proud to have quality public and parochial schools, excellent health care facilities and attractive, well-programmed Parks and Recreation system.
Salary range for this position is $78,478 - $102,398 annually, with a generous benefit package.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Science, Emergency Management, Public or Business Administration, or related field is required, along with a minimum of 15 years of firefighting/emergency medical service including at least seven years at a supervisory/management level. Master’s degree in Public Administration or a related field is preferred.
To receive a complete application packet, please contact Kim Graves at (920) 793-5526 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates should send a detailed letter of interest and resume by October 10, 2018.
Two Rivers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
City of Oak Creek
The City of Oak Creek is currently accepting online applications for the position of Firefighter and is seeking highly motivated, dedicated fire service personnel to be part of their team. The Oak Creek Fire Department is an accredited, all-hazard department staffed by 50 career firefighters.
- 18 years of age or older, at time of hire
- High School Education or equivalent
- Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license at the time of hire
- U.S. citizenship, at time of hire
- Must pass all selection and training requirements
- Must pass thorough medical examination and job trait assessment
Additional Requirements at time of conditional hire:
- State of Wisconsin Licensed Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
- Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
- State of Wisconsin Certified Firefighter II
Required within 24 months of hire:
- State of Wisconsin Certified Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator
Where to apply:
- Health Insurance: The city offers a self-funded medical plan. Employee contributes 10-15% of monthly insurance premium (percentage dependent on participation in Health Risk Assessment Program).
- Dental Insurance: Delta Dental plan
- Section 125 Plan (Flexible Spending Account)
- Pension: Wisconsin Retirement Fund. Employee pays employee share of WRS contribution rate each pay period.
- Life Insurance: Basic life insurance equal to annual salary
- Sick Leave
Starting salary $18.731/hour $54,545 annually
Application Deadline: Sunday, September 30, 2018
Applications will only be accepted online at
Members may post open positions in their departments or organizations to the WSFCA web site at no charge. These posting may be listed in a monthly email blast to members with a link to the appropriate web page. All postings must contain a deadline and will be taken off the web page on that date. Non-members may post job opportunities to the web site at a cost of $25.
For more information contact the WSFCA office at: email@example.com or 800-375-5886