Mosinee Fire District
The Mosinee Fire District is accepting applications for Administrative Assistant. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED, possess a valid state driver's license without record of suspension or revocation, no felony convictions or disqualifying criminal histories within the past 7 years, and ability to read and write the English language. Other qualifications are listed in the job description on-line or can be picked up in person.
The schedule for this part-time position is 10 AM – 2 PM, Monday through Friday with some flexibility. Residency within the Mosinee Fire District is not required.
Successful candidates may be subject to multiple interviews, assessment center, background investigation, and drug screening.
The starting hourly rate for this position will be based on experience. No other benefits associated with this position.
Applications and a complete job description are available on-line at the City of Mosinee's web page (http://www.mosinee.wi.us/), the Mosinee Fire District's web page (www.mosineefiredistrict.org/), or can be picked up in person at Mosinee Fire District Station #1 (601 S. Rangeline Rd.) or at the Mosinee City Hall (225 Main St.). All applications must be returned along with a letter of introduction and current resume. Application information must be dropped off at the Mosinee City Hall no later than 4:00 PM on Friday, August 8th or postmarked no later than Friday, August 8th. For questions, contact Chief Klug at 715-693-2059.
The Mosinee Fire District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
City of Wausau Fire Department
The City of Wausau is now accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
For the full position description and application, please click here.
Deadline to apply is August 15, 2015. Online applications only.
Outside Sales Engineer
Hansen International, Inc.
Hansen International, Inc. is looking for an Outside Sales Engineer to service our Fire Vehicle Market. Products include Roll-Up Doors and other vehicle hardware. A minimum of 5 years of technical sales experience is required.
This full time position includes a base salary, commission, insurance, paid holidays, PTO, 401K and all approved expenses are paid by the company.
Hansen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation , ancestry, marital or veteran Status.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Hansen please visit our website at www.hansenint.com
City of Champaign, Illinois
The City of Champaign, Illinois is the tenth largest city in Illinois, having a growing population of 81,517 and a surrounding metro population of 135,054, is ideally located approximately two hour's drive from Chicago, Illinois, Indianapolis, Indiana and Saint Louis, Missouri. The City of Champaign is a progressive community seeking a highly skilled and educated Fire Chief. The successful candidate should possess exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, along with progressive management experience in a fire service agency. The City of Champaign is home to the University of Illinois and is a diverse and vibrant college town community with many desirable amenities including excellent educational and cultural institutions, beautiful parks, an exceptional center city and assortment of activities generally associated with larger cities.
The Champaign Fire Department employs 99 sworn Firefighters, 13 full-time and civilian employees and operates with a $17,537,436 million budget for 2014. The City of Champaign is known for having a professional Fire Department that provides fire suppression, fire prevention and exceptional Emergency Medical services by highly motivated, skilled and courteous Fire Department staff members. The Fire Chief reports to the City Manager.
The City is seeking candidates with strong leadership and communications skills who wish to join a professional executive management team. The City and Fire Department culture is customer and service oriented.Candidates must be committed to an open and inclusive management and leadership style and have a proven history of building successful partnerships within both their own and surrounding communities.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Fire Science, Emergency Management, Business or Public Administration or other related field. Preference is to a have a Master's Degree in the same fields. Candidates should also have at least ten years or more years experience in the fire service, preferably with five (5) or more years in a command position. Experience within a full-time fire department and working in a unionized environment preferred. Formal training, specialized education, and considerable experience in building and fire codes administration and building inspection, fire suppression command, emergency disaster services, including experience in the National Incident Management System, hazardous materials management, fire prevention education, or a related field is preferred. Previous experience working in a college or university community is preferred.
The annual salary range is $117,000-$137,000 DOQ. Applicants should apply by July 30, 2014 with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five (5) professional references to Heidi Voorhees or Jim Eaves at www.GovHRusa.com/current-positions/recruitment. Tel: 847-380-3240. Champaign Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Paid-On-Premise Firefighter/EMT-IT or Firefighter/Paramedic
Dousman Fire District
The Dousman Fire District is currently accepting applications for the position of paid-on-premise Firefighter/EMT-IT or Firefighter/Paramedic. This is to fill current and anticipated openings. Standby rate is $7.25 per hour with an increase to $19.00-$20.00 per hour when on a call, depending on EMT certification. Participation in WRS is also authorized if the hour requirements are met. Additional benefits include modern equipment and facilities, living and sleeping quarters at all three stations, and paid educational opportunities.
Applications can be obtained at Dousman Fire District Station 1 located at 107 S. Main Street in Dousman or online at www.dousmanfd.org. Applications may be picked up at the station Monday through Friday between the hours of 0600-1500.
Click here to download the full postion description.
Fire Science Instructor
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC)
LOCATION: Green Bay Campus with District wide responsibilities
SALARY RANGE: $52,907 to $64,046 based on a standard 175-day, full-time obligation. Flexibility in schedule is required for day, night or weekend classes as needed.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop and continually revise curriculum that includes multicultural perspectives, core abilities, and technical content to meet industry or regulatory standards to prepare graduates for successful careers.
- Utilize engaging instructional strategies and methodologies which foster student success both in and outside of the classroom.
- Create learning experiences which integrate multiple alternative or emerging delivery methodologies and instructional technologies to maximize student success, including, but not limited to, hybrid, face-to-face, video conferencing, self-paced, and on-line course delivery.
- Provide immediate, routine, and consistent feedback to students to assist them in improving performance in technical and core ability competencies.
- Create a learning environment that integrates best practices for student success including authentic service learning, student club events, and engagement in profession specific activities.
- Develop, support, participate and collaborate with other departments on student recruitment, program marketing, and referral of students as needed for student success strategies including tutoring, counseling, advising, etc.
- Use data to measure quality outcomes related to student persistence, retention, completion rate, course success, and to design improvement strategies based on the evidence.
- Comply with College policies and practices related to instruction, assessment, and delivery.
- Engage with business and industry through engagement and participation in advisory committees, including the recruitment of new members, planning of meetings, participation in community groups, and business visits.
- Participate in community and college-sponsored events to promote the college's programs and enhance community relationships.
- Engage in division, department and team meetings and requirements including the development and completion of the college's strategic planning through team action plans and budget requests.
- Maintain proficient knowledge and skill in emerging trends and current occupational practices by networking with regional industry leaders and participating in continuing education and professional development.
- Assist in the development of adjunct faculty through communication, sharing of resources, coaching and mentoring.
- Maintain WTCS teaching certification and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation.
To apply visit: www.nwtc.edu/jobs.
Camp Douglas Rescue, Inc.
EMT's NEEDED: Local & Out of Area Welcome
Camp Douglas Rescue Inc. is looking for motivated, energetic, team oriented and enthusiastic people who would like to care for people in their time of need.
If you have ever wanted to make a difference or wanted to help out your community this opportunity may be for you. Our organization strives in being professional and committed to providing quality Emergency Medical Services that meets the needs of our community.
If you are interested in obtaining an education to become an EMT or AEMT, or if you are currently licensed as an EMT-Basic, EMT-IT, AEMT or Paramedic, we are looking to increase our staffing. Camp Douglas Rescue, Inc. is also interested in hiring Paramedics to practice as an AEMT in preparation for a possible license upgrade in the future.
Benefits: Camp Douglas Rescue, Inc. may pay for your EMT education, refreshers, and some additional training. We are looking for people to staff at our Station for 12 to 24 hour shifts as hours may vary. We also pay volunteer EMT's that live within the local service area to respond from home with additional pay for each call taken.
If this sounds like something that might be a right fit for you, give us a call!
EMS Office: 608-427-6969 Leave Message or Email: email@example.com for an Application Packet or Additional Information
James Newlun ~ EMS President
Members may post open positions in their departments or organizations to the WSFCA web site at no charge. These posting may be listed in a monthly email blast to members with a link to the appropriate web page. All postings must contain a deadline and will be taken off the web page on that date. Non-members may post job opportunities to the web site at a cost of $25.
For more information contact the WSFCA office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-375-5886