City of Fitchburg
The City of Fitchburg (Dane County) is now accepting applications for the position of full-time firefighter. This is a rare opportunity to join a highly respected department that emphasizes quality, innovation, trust, integrity, and customer service in everything it does. The successful candidate will possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver's license, and be a state of Wisconsin certified firefighter I. An associate's degree in a fire service related field and two years of previous firefighter experience is desired. This position offers a hiring salary of $51,633 and an excellent benefit package. To learn more about this position, and to apply online, visit our website at: http://fitchburgwi.gov and select job openings. Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 21, 2014.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fire Fighter/Paramedic/Fire Inspector
Hartland Fire Department
The Hartland Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the Full Time position of Fire Fighter/Paramedic/Fire Inspector. This would be an immediate position. Excellent insurance and retirement benefits. Salary based on experience.
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Computer skills
- Certified Firefighter 1
- Certified Fire Inspector (1 year to obtain certification for Fire Inspector)
- Licensed Wisconsin Paramedic
6:00am to 4:30pm, four days a week. However, scheduled hours may vary with the possibility of a 24 hour shift in the future.
Applications can be obtained at the Village of Hartland Administrative Office, 210 Cottonwood Ave, Hartland, WI., between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Applications can also be obtained online at villageofhartland.com under Village Services.
All applications must be returned to the Village of Hartland Administrative office by 4:30pm on Friday, September 5, 2014. Any questions, contact Assistant Chief Dave Dean or Chief Wilde at 262-367-6878.
EMS Division Chief
Mosinee Fire District
The Mosinee Fire District is accepting applications for EMS Division Chief. Applicants must currently meet the following criteria: 18 years of age or older, high school diploma or GED, valid Wisconsin driver's license, licensed Wisconsin EMT-IV Tech or higher, certified Wisconsin Emergency Service Instructor I, CPR Instructor, certified NIMS ICS 100, 200, 700, 800, and a minimum of 1 year supervisory/managerial experience. Within one year of appointment, employee would be required to have Wisconsin State Certified Firefighter 1 and Entry Level Fire Officer. Preference may be given to paramedics and current Mosinee Fire District employees. Successful candidates may be given a written test, an oral interview(s), and/or assessment center from a combination of the Fire Chief, other area chiefs, and/or members of the Mosinee Fire District Board.
The schedule for this full-time position is normally 6 AM – 4 PM, Monday through Friday, however, scheduled hours may vary, with the possibility of 24 hour shifts in the future. Additionally, there is a possibility of upgrading to a Paramedic level ambulance service in the future. Residency within the Mosinee Fire District will be required within one year of appointment.
Successful candidates may be subject to background investigation, driving record abstract, physical and psychological exams, and drug screening.
The starting hourly rate for this position is $15.25 - $16.26/hour depending on certifications and experience, with additional compensation possible. The Mosinee Fire District also offers an above-average benefit package including participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Applications and full job description are available on-line at the Mosinee Fire District's web page (www.mosineefiredistrict.org/) or can be picked up in person at the Mosinee Fire District Station, 601 S. Rangeline Rd. All applications must be returned along with a letter of introduction and current resume. Application information must be dropped off at Mosinee Fire Station #1 or postmarked, no later than 4:00 PM on Friday, September 5th, 2014. For questions, contact Chief Klug at 715-693-2059.
The Mosinee Fire District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fire Chief – Plover, Wisconsin (12,420 population) is seeking an innovative leader with a unique combination of leadership and supervisory skills, professional knowledge, and a progressive management style to take the “Plover Fire/EMS Department” to the next level. The Department is staffed by 2 full time positions (Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief) and a total of 58 paid-on-call firefighters and emergency medical technicians. Firefighting and rescue services are provided to the Village of Plover, Village of Whiting, Town of Plover and a portion of the Town of Buena Vista through a contract agreement.
The Fire Chief must possess a comprehensive knowledge of modern firefighting methods, emergency services, fire prevention, public education, fire safety, fire inspection, and budget preparation. The Fire Chief shall have the ability to continue fostering positive relationships and operational goals and objectives of the Metro Fire District (comprised of the City of Stevens Point, Village of Plover, and Town of Hull) Successful candidates shall possess a Bachelor Degree in Fire Services, Fire Science, Public Administration, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience managing a combination department preferred. Candidates should have three (3) or more years with increasingly responsible experience in the fire service with at least five (5) years in command or management experience. The Chief must possess excellent leadership, management and communication skills and can expect to participate in a collaborative, team-oriented management environment.
Application materials and a job description may be obtained by contacting the Village of Plover Administrator at 715-345-5250, downloading a packet at www.ploverwi.gov or emailing email@example.com. Residency within statutorily required 15 mile corporate limit. Resume, references, salary history, (current salary range $75,732-$79,718 DOQ) along with the application should be submitted to the Village Administrator, Village of Plover, P.O. Box 37, Plover, WI 54467. Applications must be received by Friday, September 19, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. EOE.
Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chief
De Pere, WI
The City of De Pere (pop. 24,047) invites applications for the positions of Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chief. The former Fire Chief retired in 2013. At that time, the City hired a consulting firm to conduct an analysis of the possibility of consolidation with the City of Green Bay Metro Fire Department. The City decided not to move forward with a consolidation. The Assistant Chief has now also retired. The City plans to hire a Fire Chief first and then allow the newly hired Chief to be part of the final selection process for the Assistant Chief.
De Pere is a quaint City located along the Fox River, just minutes south of Green Bay, at the edge of a metropolitan area of 200,000 people, De Pere has all the advantages of the Green Bay and Brown County metro area, which enjoys a below average cost of living, has a low crime rate, and a vibrant economy, while maintaining a small community atmosphere.
The Fire Chief is responsible for the overall planning and direction of the fire prevention, fire suppression and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) programs. This position administers and directs the City's Fire and Rescue. The Fire Chief directly supervises 7 full-time officers and 1 full-time clerical employee ad indirectly supervises 20 full-time and 25 paid on call employees.
Fire Chief Salary Range: $83,928 - $115,086
Residency Requirement: The Fire Chief must reside within 15 miles of the corporate city limits of the City of De Pere within 12 months of hire.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fire Science or related field, from an accredited university.
- Ten years' fire service experience, including five years' experience in a supervisory/command position. Work history should show a progression of increased responsibility culminating in role equivalent to a fire officer.
- Minimum of NIMS ICS 400 certification.
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license and good driving record.
- Graduate of the Executive Fire Officer Program at the National Fire Academy is desired.
- Chief Fire Officer Designation is desired.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Assistant Fire Chief
The Assistant Fire Chief performs work in the protection of life and property through enforcement of Federal, State, and local fire safety codes as well as duties of a firefighter. This position performs inspections, training, public education, fire, and arson investigations and assumes duties of the Chief in the Chief's absence.
Assistant Fire Chief Salary Range: $67,208 - $92,185
No residency requirement.
- Bachelor's Degree in fire science or related field, from an accredited university.
- Eight years' experience in fire service, including four years' experience in a supervisory/command capacity. Work history should show a progression of increased responsibility culminating in a role equivalent to a fire officer.
- Certified as a Firefighter II.
- Certified as a Fire Inspector I by the Wisconsin Technical College System Board or ability to obtain certification within two years from date of hire.
- Certified Fire Officer II by the Wisconsin Technical College Board or ability to obtain certification within two years from date of hire.
- Certified Fire Instructor III by the Wisconsin Technical College Board or ability to obtain the certification within two years from date of hire.
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license and good driving record.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.de-pere.org; then click on Jobs tab and follow the link for employment.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin September 2, 2014. It is anticipated that the Fire Chief will participate in the final selection of the Assistant Fire Chief.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a talented and diverse workforce.
Paid-On-Premise Firefighter/EMT-IT or Firefighter/Paramedic
Dousman Fire District
The Dousman Fire District is currently accepting applications for the position of paid-on-premise Firefighter/EMT-IT or Firefighter/Paramedic. This is to fill current and anticipated openings. Standby rate is $7.25 per hour with an increase to $19.00-$20.00 per hour when on a call, depending on EMT certification. Participation in WRS is also authorized if the hour requirements are met. Additional benefits include modern equipment and facilities, living and sleeping quarters at all three stations, and paid educational opportunities.
Applications can be obtained at Dousman Fire District Station 1 located at 107 S. Main Street in Dousman or online at www.dousmanfd.org. Applications may be picked up at the station Monday through Friday between the hours of 0600-1500.
Click here to download the full postion description.
Fire Science Instructor
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC)
LOCATION: Green Bay Campus with District wide responsibilities
SALARY RANGE: $52,907 to $64,046 based on a standard 175-day, full-time obligation. Flexibility in schedule is required for day, night or weekend classes as needed.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop and continually revise curriculum that includes multicultural perspectives, core abilities, and technical content to meet industry or regulatory standards to prepare graduates for successful careers.
- Utilize engaging instructional strategies and methodologies which foster student success both in and outside of the classroom.
- Create learning experiences which integrate multiple alternative or emerging delivery methodologies and instructional technologies to maximize student success, including, but not limited to, hybrid, face-to-face, video conferencing, self-paced, and on-line course delivery.
- Provide immediate, routine, and consistent feedback to students to assist them in improving performance in technical and core ability competencies.
- Create a learning environment that integrates best practices for student success including authentic service learning, student club events, and engagement in profession specific activities.
- Develop, support, participate and collaborate with other departments on student recruitment, program marketing, and referral of students as needed for student success strategies including tutoring, counseling, advising, etc.
- Use data to measure quality outcomes related to student persistence, retention, completion rate, course success, and to design improvement strategies based on the evidence.
- Comply with College policies and practices related to instruction, assessment, and delivery.
- Engage with business and industry through engagement and participation in advisory committees, including the recruitment of new members, planning of meetings, participation in community groups, and business visits.
- Participate in community and college-sponsored events to promote the college's programs and enhance community relationships.
- Engage in division, department and team meetings and requirements including the development and completion of the college's strategic planning through team action plans and budget requests.
- Maintain proficient knowledge and skill in emerging trends and current occupational practices by networking with regional industry leaders and participating in continuing education and professional development.
- Assist in the development of adjunct faculty through communication, sharing of resources, coaching and mentoring.
- Maintain WTCS teaching certification and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation.
To apply visit: www.nwtc.edu/jobs.
Camp Douglas Rescue, Inc.
EMT's NEEDED: Local & Out of Area Welcome
Camp Douglas Rescue Inc. is looking for motivated, energetic, team oriented and enthusiastic people who would like to care for people in their time of need.
If you have ever wanted to make a difference or wanted to help out your community this opportunity may be for you. Our organization strives in being professional and committed to providing quality Emergency Medical Services that meets the needs of our community.
If you are interested in obtaining an education to become an EMT or AEMT, or if you are currently licensed as an EMT-Basic, EMT-IT, AEMT or Paramedic, we are looking to increase our staffing. Camp Douglas Rescue, Inc. is also interested in hiring Paramedics to practice as an AEMT in preparation for a possible license upgrade in the future.
Benefits: Camp Douglas Rescue, Inc. may pay for your EMT education, refreshers, and some additional training. We are looking for people to staff at our Station for 12 to 24 hour shifts as hours may vary. We also pay volunteer EMT's that live within the local service area to respond from home with additional pay for each call taken.
If this sounds like something that might be a right fit for you, give us a call!
EMS Office: 608-427-6969 Leave Message or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an Application Packet or Additional Information
James Newlun ~ EMS President
Members may post open positions in their departments or organizations to the WSFCA web site at no charge. These posting may be listed in a monthly email blast to members with a link to the appropriate web page. All postings must contain a deadline and will be taken off the web page on that date. Non-members may post job opportunities to the web site at a cost of $25.
For more information contact the WSFCA office at: email@example.com or 800-375-5886