Asst. Chief of Fire Prevention/Fire Marshal
Grand Chute Fire Dept. – Town of Grand Chute
The Town of Grand Chute, Wisconsin is seeking a highly motivated, progressive, and technically proficient fire service leader for the position of Assistant Chief of Fire Prevention/Fire Marshal with the Grand Chute Fire Department.
The Grand Chute Fire Department provides all-hazard emergency response and risk reduction services to a population of 21,909 Fox Valley residents occupying a twenty-three, square-mile area. In addition to a diverse distribution of single and multi-family dwellings, business, and industry, Grand Chute is home to the Fox River Mall and retail corridor, as well as the Fox Valley Technical College bringing the estimated daytime population to approximately 70,000.
The Assistant Chief of Fire Prevention/Fire Marshal is responsible for overseeing all aspects of risk reduction service delivery including fire and life safety code compliance and enforcement, public education, community outreach, fire investigation and also serves as a public information officer (PIO). This position maintains operational responsibility through rotation within the department’s Duty Chief Program, providing command officer emergency response coverage.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in fire protection, public administration or a related field from an accredited college or university, and certification with the State of Wisconsin (or the ability to obtain certification within eight months of hire, see reciprocity information here) as Firefighter II, Fire Officer I, Fire Inspector I, Driver / Operator-Pumper. State of Wisconsin or National Registry EMT license or higher. Knowledge and experience in the areas of fire and life safety inspections, code enforcement, fire investigations, building construction, fire protection systems, public education and social media. The candidate must have command-level experience at the rank of Lieutenant or higher. A combination of education, training, and experience commensurate with the job responsibilities may be considered.
Interested applicants must submit their resume and employment application no later than 12:00 p.m. on Friday January 27th, 2017. The position description and application packet can be found at http://www.grandchute.net/government/page/employment-opportunities/. The hiring process will include an application review, command-level assessment center, oral interview, background investigation and a medical pre-employment physical. Starting Salary of $67,836-72,440 DOQ, Town Benefits Package, and an assigned fire department vehicle are provided. The anticipated starting date for this position is March of 2017.
The Town of Grand Chute is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Watertown
The Watertown Fire Department is currently accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic with the City of Watertown. The Watertown Fire Department is looking for energetic personnel that are dedicated to providing public service in areas of fire protection, emergency medical services, fire prevention, and public education. Starting salary for a firefighter/paramedic is $49,465 a year.
- U.S. Citizen
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
- Graduated from High School or have equivalency
- Pass written test and interview process
- Pass all medical and psychological requirements
Requirements at Time of Hire:
- Wisconsin Firefighter II certification (or ability to obtain Wisconsin certification through reciprocity)
- Wisconsin Paramedic license (or ability to obtain Wisconsin licensure through reciprocity)
- Pass CPAT Assessment
City of Watertown Website http://www.ci.watertown.wi.us/employment_application.php to download application and instructions. Application Deadline is Jan 19, 2017.
- Application Deadline January 19, 2017
- Written Test January 21, 2017
- Oral Interviews the during the week of January 30, 2017
- List established February 14, 2017
Please direct all questions pertaining to the application process to Assistant Fire Chief Kraig Biefeld at email@example.com or by calling 920-206-4243
Members may post open positions in their departments or organizations to the WSFCA web site at no charge. These posting may be listed in a monthly email blast to members with a link to the appropriate web page. All postings must contain a deadline and will be taken off the web page on that date. Non-members may post job opportunities to the web site at a cost of $25.
For more information contact the WSFCA office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-375-5886
Asst. Chief & Inspection
City of De Pere Fire Dept.
The City of De Pere is seeking an Assistant Fire Chief to become an integral part of our team. The Assistant Fire Chief performs work in the protection of life and property through enforcement of Federal, State, and local fire safety codes as well as duties of a firefighter and managing fire officer. The Assistant Fire Chief performs inspections, training, public education, fire, and arson investigations and assumes duties of the Chief in the Chief's absence. Full position details are available on our website at www.de-pere.org; then click on the Jobs tab and click on the position title.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fire science or related field, from an accredited university.
- Certified as a Firefighter II.
- Certified as a Fire Inspector I by the Wisconsin Technical College System Board or ability to obtain certification within two years from date of hire.
- Certified Fire Officer II by the Wisconsin Technical College Board or ability to obtain certification within two years from date of hire.
- Certified Fire Instructor II by the Wisconsin Technical College Board or ability to obtain the certification within two years from date of hire.
- Eight years’ experience in fire service, including four years’ experience in a supervisory/command capacity. Work history should show a progression of increased responsibility culminating in a role equivalent to a fire officer.
- Current National Registry or State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification. EMT-Paramedic certification preferred.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and good driving record.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Salary Range: Starting salary $71,177 -$81,348 plus an excellent benefits package. The full salary range is $71,177 - $97,635.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.de-pere.org; then click on Jobs tab and follow the link for employment.
Application Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Applications will begin to be reviewed the week of January 30, 2017.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a talented and diverse workforce.