FULL-TIME FIRE CHIEF
LAKE COUNTRY FIRE & RESCUE
Lake Country Fire & Rescue is currently accepting completed applications from May1st - Friday, May 15, 2015 at 4 p.m. for the full-time position of Fire Chief. Below is a listing of responsibilities and requirements for this position. To view a full job description visit www.lakecountryfire.com.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Lake Country Fire & Rescue Fire Chief is responsible for the administration, supervision and management of Lake Country Fire & Rescue, an independent governmental unit owned by the Village of Chenequa, City of Delafield and the Village of Nashotah. This position reports to the Lake Country Fire & Rescue Fire Board.
- The LCFR Fire Chief Leads and Manages; EMS at the advanced paramedic level, fire suppression, fire prevention, fire education, fire safety and inspection, EMS development, surface water rescue and emergency government coordination.
- The LCFR Fire Chief must employ independent initiative and judgment in decision-making and managing Department operations to promote the welfare of the Department as well as the life and property of the citizens served by Lake Country Fire & Rescue.
- The LCFR Fire Chief must have the management skills of a municipal administrator, be capable of short and long term planning, labor law, personnel administration
- The LCFR Fire Chief must have the entrepreneurial skills to secure and maintain contracts and affiliations that generate revenue to offset municipal cost of funding the department.
- The LCFR Fire Chief is an exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a full time firefighter/paramedic at time of hire
- Must possess State Certified Firefighter and EMS certification at the paramedic level
- A minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in administrative and or supervisory position with a Fire Department at the time of hire
- Bachelor's degree desired; a minimum of an Associate Degree in Fire Technology/Fire Administration or equivalent education or experience at the time of hire required
- Must be a State Certified Fire Inspector within 3 years of being hired.
- Possess and maintain a valid Wisconsin Motor Vehicle Operator's License
- Live and maintain residency within ten (10) mile radius of Fire Station 2 within 18 months of date of hire.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to analyze and interpret statutes, court decisions, safety rules, procedure manuals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from fellow officers and the general public.
If you have any difficulty viewing or downloading the application packet please contact Sandy Rosch at 262-303-4524 to request the application and related information be emailed to you. Thank you!
EMS Director & Fire Chief
North Fond du Lac EMS / Fire Department
North Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (Pop. 5014) is seeking applications for the position of EMS Director / Fire Chief. The position involves the overall organization, supervision, planning, and directing of both the full time and volunteer medical service and the volunteer fire department. Applicants must have a Paramedic certification and a minimum of Firefighter I certification. Applicants must have a minimum of three years of progressive experience. The ideal candidate will have strong administrative skills in budgeting, coordinating full time and volunteer staff, interpersonal skills and grant writing experience. A candidate is not required to have a degree in a related field but will be given extra consideration if achieved. Salary will range from $64,000 to $72,000, DOQ, plus an excellent benefits package. Application deadline is May 18, 2015.
The EMS / Fire Department is a community-oriented department with a full time paramedic EMS service and a volunteer Fire Department. The Department receives around 600 EMS calls and 90 Fire / rescue calls a year. The general operation budget for the 2015 EMS/Fire Department is $800,000.
If interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed cover letter, application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position along with copies of certifications, electronic application submission only. Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may obtain application materials and a complete description of the position through the Village web site, www.nfdl.org. You may contact Chuck Hornung, Village Administrator with any questions at 920-929-3765 or email email@example.com.
Part Time Dayshift Firefighter/ AEMT
Lake Geneva Fire Department
The Lake Geneva Fire Department is currently accepting applications to fill vacancies and establish an eligibility list for the immediate hiring of several part time dayshift firefighter/ AEMT's.
Applicants must pass a background investigation, provide a valid driver's license, possess a clean driving record and pass an oral interview. Upon submission of a completed application, completion of a background and driving record investigation, any remaining applicants will be requested to appear before the Chief(s) of the department and the Police and Fire Commission.
Upon certification of the Police and Fire commission, the applicant may be offered a position within the department or placed upon a hiring list which shall be maintained for two years. If an offer is extended and accepted, the applicant will be placed on probation for a minimum of six months.
- Minimum age of eighteen (18)
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that meets the City of Lake Geneva Standards
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Wisconsin Firefighter 1 certified (out of state certifications must have an IFSAC or NFPA seal)
- Wisconsin AEMT licensure or current NREMT certification and ability to obtain State of Wisconsin AEMT licensure
Wages & Benefits
- Starting wage: $15.38 per hour
- Wisconsin Retirement system eligible
- Employer sponsored 401(a) retirement plan
- Position is represented by the Lake Geneva Firefighters Association
Applications may be picked up in person at:
Lake Geneva Fire Department
730 Marshall Street
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
or are available for download here.
Application deadline: June 1, 2015
Should you have any further questions or require further assistance, please contact:
Fire Chief Brent Connelly
The City of Fitchburg
Fitchburg, Wisconsin (Population 26,090) is seeking a dynamic leader to become its next Fire Chief. Fitchburg is a thriving and growing city in the southern metropolitan area of the Dane County region. The Fire Chief assumes full management responsibility for all fire department activities and operations including fire prevention, suppression, technical services, emergency medical responder services, and administration. Under the general direction of the Mayor and in coordination with the Police and Fire Commission, the Fire Chief oversees the combination department of 11 regular full time, 77 paid-on-call employees and 6 interns.
Qualified candidates shall possess five years of responsible and varied senior management experience in a directly related fire service capacity encompassing significant responsibility for the development and administration of fire department programs, services and resources. Such experience would normally be gained after graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in fire management, public administration or a related field. Must possess a valid Wisconsin driver's license upon hire.
Hiring range is $86,528 – 98,883, depending on qualifications. The City offers an excellent benefit package. Applications will be accepted online at: www.fitchburgwi.gov and must include cover letter, resume, three professional references, and completed supplemental questionnaire. Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 3, 2015.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Members may post open positions in their departments or organizations to the WSFCA web site at no charge. These posting may be listed in a monthly email blast to members with a link to the appropriate web page. All postings must contain a deadline and will be taken off the web page on that date. Non-members may post job opportunities to the web site at a cost of $25.
For more information contact the WSFCA office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-375-5886